- 1 turkey thigh and 1 breast
- Juice and zest of 1 small orange
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil/duck fat
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, de-stoned and cut into chunks
- 100g grated red cheddar
- 4 Deli Kitchen Plain Folded Flatbreads
How to make
- Shred the turkey meat and stir in the orange juice and zest.
- Heat the oil and fry the garlic until fragrant, roughly 30 seconds, then add turkey mixture in a layer until it crisps up, roughly five minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the tomatoes, onion, lime juice, red chilli and coriander then season to taste.
- Serve the turkey carnitas in the Deli Kitchen Plain Folded Flatbreads with the salsa, avocado and grated red cheddar.