- ½ tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 12-16 meat-free meatballs (allow 3-4 per wrap)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, quartered lengthways and sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 red peppers from a jar (about 125g), drained and chopped
- Handful basil leaves, torn
- Sliced red or green chilli, to serve
- 4 x Deli Kitchen Wheat & White Wraps
- 30g vegan cheese, finely grated, optional
How to make
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the meatballs and cook according to pack instructions. Remove the meatballs and set aside. Add the onion and courgette to the pan and cook whilst stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and peppers, bring to a simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Return the meatballs to the pan and cook for a further 1 minute, then stir in the basil.
- Spoon a quarter of the sauce and meatballs into the middle of the Deli Kitchen Wheat & White Wrap, scatter with a few chillies and cheese, if using. Fold up the bottom then roll to enclose. Serve.
TIP: if making ahead, allow the sauce to cool before spooning into the wrap. Eat cold or warm in the microwave.