- 200g full fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp mango chutney
- 4 dried apricots, finely chopped
- 2 Deli Kitchen Sliced Focaccia
- 1 small gem lettuce, shredded
- A small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
How to make
- Mix together the yoghurt, garlic, 2 tbsp curry powder, cumin and coriander in a small bowl. Place the chicken thighs in a large zip lock bag, add the yoghurt mix, seal the bag and shake well to fully coat the chicken. Place the chicken in the refrigerator and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours (ideally overnight).
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator about 1 hour before cooking.* Make the coronation mayonnaise by combining the mayonnaise, mango chutney, remaining 2 tsp curry powder, dried apricots and a little seasoning in a small bowl.
- Heat your BBQ or griddle to medium-high and cook the chicken for around 5-7 minutes per side, until lightly charred and cooked through. Remove from the gill and leave to cool for 10 minutes, then shred the chicken.
- Lightly toast the Deli Kitchen sliced focaccia and place the shredded lettuce on the bottom of each half. Add the shredded chicken, then dollop the coronation mayonnaise on top. Finally add the coriander, top with the top half of the focaccia and enjoy.
- These sandwiches keep well and would make a great picnic sandwich. Keep chilled and wrapped in parchment paper until consuming.
Recipe credit: Deli Kitchen www.mydelikitchen.co.uk